Monday, November 5, 2012

I'M GONNA WRECK IT! - Wreck It Ralph Review [11-05-2012]



I am so happy! After a week of being stuck inside because of Hurricane Sandy, I was able to go out with some of my friends for an awesome evening. We went to a local theater and finally saw "Wreck It Ralph"! (I had been dying to see it since it was announced~)



Honestly, even if you're not a fan of CGI movies, this movie was a definite must-see for any fan of video games (or for the child at heart). I have to say, it's definitely one of Disney's more fun movies and it had catchy music too.


"Wreck It Ralph" is about a bad guy character that has a large ape-like body that likes to destroy things in the arcade game "Fix It Felix" (it kind of reminded me of a mix between Handy Manny and Bob the Builder lol). But later on we find out that Ralph doesn't want to be a bad guy anymore, something he admits to his fellow bad guys at what appears to be a AA-type of group meeting.



The townspeople from the game think Ralph is crazy and basically force him on a journey to prove himself and bring back something every gamer longs for...the winning game medal. He meets characters from all types of games, which makes me really appreciate the knowledge that Disney has about video game history. We even get to see cameos of characters from games like Street Fighter, Sonic the Hedgehog, Q-Bert and so many more.

The movie itself is really vibrant and just overall fun. I like serious movies but I'm glad when a movie is done well and is a lot of fun for people of all ages. My friends and I are older than some of the people that were in the theater but we enjoyed it just as much as the kids did!



I loved the fact that so many things from my childhood were in that one movie. I've been a gamer since I was very little with my mom's old Atari and this movie had so many things that I loved growing up. It was such an awesome movie - I would go see it again!

I can honestly say that I loved all of the characters and the soundtrack just matched the settings perfectly. And for all of you Japanese music fans out there, AKB48 sang one of the songs (which is fitting since many video games are made in Japan)!



The messages in this movie really stood out to me. Themes about never giving up, always follow your dreams and always be yourself - things that I believe in. It was just pure awesome. I won't say anymore about what happens in the movie because it really is something that must be seen. So definitely check it out!

Until next time~