Friday, October 5, 2012

{Lolita Blog Carnival} WEEK 2: 3 Trends you could never get into [10-05-2012]

 
Hello, everyone! Happy Friday! Today starts a new series for my blog. Recently, I joined a group called "Lolita Blog Carnival" and this week's topic is on.....



"3 Trends You Could Never Get Into"


Everyone has a fashion that they're into or that they like to follow. And in every fashion, there are things a person likes and things that they wouldn't like. And within those are things you appreciate but could never truly be into. For me, when it comes to Lolita fashion, these three come to mind:

(It's so cute but too much for me to try)

1. Decora
Decora, for those that don't know, is basically when a Lolita "decorates" herself with as much cute stuff as possible. That can mean piling on the hair accessories, bracelets or even rings. I can admit, it can be cute - but for the most part, it just looks to be too much. I like my accessories but I don't like wearing my whole collection. This is actually one of the trends that I don't like.


2. Fawn Fur
This trend has been around for a bit and I'm still unsure about it. I like to believe that the fur is fake but you can't be too sure. I have seen hats, wraps and even boot covers that look like the hide of a baby deer. Spots and all. This one bothers me more than Decora because anything that resembles fur actually upsets me. I could never wear real fur and definitely wouldn't wear fake either. (It just looks too real!)


3. Bonnets
This is actually one trend I love! But I don't think bonnets suit me. There are some dresses/coords that just go perfectly with a bonnet. But I think the face has to be fitting for a bonnet. Mine is more of an oval and may be a bit long for this type of headdress. Though one day, I would like to try it just to say I did. I do find bonnets go better with smaller and rounder faces - like a porcelain doll.


Now, some of you might be asking "What the heck is a Lolita Blog Carnival?". It's actually a pretty cool group! It's basically a community where Lolitas of all styles come together to meet new friends, share all kinds of things and have weekly discussions (every Friday!). If you're a Lolita with a blog, click on the picture above and visit us on our Facebook page! It's a closed group so if you'd like - apply for an invite! There's also a Twitter you can follow. Hope you'll join us!

Don't forget to check out posts by some of our other members:



Cuddles & Kisses,

Kieli~♥

8 comments:

  1. I'm also a bit meh about the fawn fur trend now - not because I dislike fur though, but because pretty much everyone seems to be wearing it. Plus, as much as I'm not anti-fur, I always think: Oh my, poor Bambi!:-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kieli! ^^ I couldn't agree more about the Decora trend - I also listed it XD
    Bonnets - ah.... I love them but I haven't found a way to make them work for me... I guess I'll stick to other headdresses.
    Fawn fur - I'm a big fan and I've already hopped on the bandwaggon... I haven't seen any other people in my country (no matter if Lolita or not) with this trend and I think it adds tenderness to every autumn outfit - so yes, I love it =) But you're right about it resembling fur - I myself couldn't stand wearing real fur but don't mind if it's fake fur. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiyo!♥
      Lol! I saw your post! I was like - oh man, did we write the same post?! xD
      Oh I think fawn fur can be cute but I dunno. Maybe one day I'll try it xD

      Kieli~♥

      Delete
  3. The fawn fur is definitely fake! I don't think fawn are nearly that fluffy, and I believe that real fur/leather in Japan is incredibly expensive and very rarely used (which is why you very rarely ever find real Leather Lolita shoes or Purses, despite the high price!) I think you can definitely be sure that pretty much any fawn fur item to come from a brand is completely fake!

    I used to think that my face wasn't appropriate for bonnets, until I tried one, now I'm completely hooked, and totally convinced that they can work with anyone xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ok! I'm glad you told me. That was one of my biggest fears! I didn't know it was that expensive there. It seems much more common in the States.
      Awwww, I'm glad you wear them! We need more Lolis with bonnets ♥

      Kieli~♥

      Delete
  4. Wow. I've never seen the fawn fur before. It looks like they're wearing Bambi or Feline. :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! :( It's actually very popular in the fall and winter seasons. I'm not sure if it's actually warm though o.o

      Kieli~♥

      Delete